Disputes are useful when a trade does not go as planned. When a dispute is started a moderator will intervene to settle the trade.
Why Start A Dispute?
Disputes should be started in any of the following cases…
- If you are buying bitcoins with iTunes card, you have followed the vendor instructions and paid the vendor by sending card to the vendor but the vendor refuses to release bitcoins.
- If you are a vendor and the buyer is not responding and locking up your bitcoins in escrow.
- If you are a vendor and the buyer refuses to pay you or follow instructions or sent a redeemed itunes gift card and will not cancel the trade. To prevent this make sure to write CLEAR TERMS when you create your offer and CLEAR instructions.
A dispute can be started 3 hours after the trade begins except for the following cases
Do you want to make extra incomeFrom BTC? Double Your Bitcoins Now!
- If you are a verified vendor you can dispute instantly
- If the trade has been marked as paid within 5 minutes then a dispute can be started within 30 minutes. ( The wait is lowered because in these cases it is most likely a coin locker ) This helps sellers to get their bitcoins back to their wallet from so called coin-lockers and won’t hinder sales any longer.
Follow the below steps to start and win a dispute:
- Click Dispute (actions tab if you are on mobile )
- Please provide a clear reason for the dispute for the moderators e.g I sent my iTunes gift cards to the moderator but he has refused to release BTC to me.
- Please don’t flood the chat with dialogue or it will hold up the moderator. The less you say, the faster the dispute will be resolved
- Wait for a moderator to investigate and provide evidence upon request. Concerning evidence, as a buyer, you must provide the receipt of the card and write some details on it to verify that you own it, and also contact apple support by calling them. You then ask them for card redemption time and account that loaded the card and record the conversation and then send to paxful. If you cannot do this, you might never win the dispute, just cancel trade to avoid wasting your time. But since the iTunes gift card belongs to you, you should win it easily.
- The moderator will come and award dispute according to provided evidence. Once a dispute decision has been made it is final, please do not contact support as they cannot deal with dispute queries. It is up to you to give all proof in the trade and you must accept the decision of a moderator according to the Paxful Terms of Service TOS.
There you have it.